The Bulgarian State Railways EAD provide persons with reduced mobility with special platforms for travelling on train, and in the station of Shumen as well
In compliance with the implementation of the Programme on transport and communication servicing of persons with reduced mobility of the Ministry of Transport Bulgarian State Railways EAD start the servicing of persons with reduced mobility in wheelchairs in the station of Shumen, as of August 22, 2007. Thanks to the special platforms the passengers with reduced mobility shall have the possibility to get on and off the trains without any difficulties.
The servicing of persons with reduced mobility shall be ensured at preliminary application. Up to the establishment of a station service at the station of Shumen the customers of Bulgarian State Railways EAD shall be able to submit their aplications at the Information desks or Ticket selling desks.
It is to remember that persons with reduced mobility in wheelchairs are provided with the same equipment in the stations of Sofia, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Bourgas and Varna. In these stations services have already been established in order to accept the applications for transportation. In the stations of Pleven, Cherven Bryag, Gorna Oryakhovitsa and Yambol the applications are to be submitted at the Information desks or Ticket selling desks.
Bulgarian State Railways EAD provide persons with reduced mobility with transport services by 14 trains a day, on the folowing routes:
• Express trains № 8601 and № 8602 Sofia – Burgas (via Plovdiv) – Sofia;
• Express trains № 2601 and № 2602 Sofia – Varna (via Gorna Oryakhovitsa) – Sofia;
• Express trains № 2607 and № 2608 Sofia – Gorna Oryakhovitsa – Sofia;
• Express trains № 3601 and № 3602 Sofia – Burgas (via Karlovo) – Sofia;
• Express trains № 8603 and № 8604 Sofia – Yambol – Sofia;
• Fast trains № 4613 and № 4612 Sofia – Ruse – Sofia;
• Fast trains № 7625 and № 7620 Sofia – Vidin – Sofia.